Captor Therapeutics to Present at the 2nd Annual Targeted Protein Degradation Europe Summit 2022
Wrocław, Poland, March 18, 2022 - Captor Therapeutics S.A. (WSE:CTX), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted protein degradation (TPD) drugs for cancer and autoimmune diseases, announces that Chief Scientific Officer Dr. Michal Walczak presented at the 2nd Annual Targeted Protein Degradation Europe Summit, held in London, UK, and virtually from 15th to 17th March 2022.
The presentation, entitled "Novel Molecular Glues in the Treatment of Cancer", highlighted how:
- Captor's molecular glue discovery engine has yielded degrader compounds particularly suited to Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC), a poorly addressed cancer with unsatisfactory survival rates
- CT-01 compounds potently degrade proteins of interest in a CRBN-dependent manner, and the level of protein degradation correlates with the compounds' cytotoxic activity in HCC
- Treatment of Hep3B (HCC) tumor-bearing mice with orally available CT-01 degraders results in a significant regression of tumors compared to controls, with no significant changes in whole body weights
- CT-01 compounds are cytotoxic against various HCC models, while simultaneously having little or no effect on primary hepatocytes
- A strong synergy of potency and sensitivity has been shown for CT-01 degraders in combination with a marketed drug
Details of the presentation:
- Title: Novel Molecular Glues in the Treatment of Cancer
- Presenting: Dr. Michał Walczak
- Thursday, 17th March 2022 at 12.10 pm GMT / 1.10 pm CET / 8.10 am ET
A copy of the slides will be available on Captor Therapeutics' website shortly after the event.
To request a one-on-one meeting with the Captor team, please contact us at: .
About Captor Therapeutics
Captor Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on leveraging Targeted Protein Degradation (TPD) technology to discover and develop breakthrough drug candidates in diseases with high unmet medical needs. TPD is a revolutionary approach to developing new drugs that can address novel molecular targets which are deemed “undruggable” with classical drug development approaches, as well as providing additional treatment options for diseases where existing drugs fail to provide optimal medical benefit. Captor is currently developing therapeutics for undertreated severe conditions, including malignancies and autoimmune diseases.
More information on Captor Therapeutics is available at: http://www.captortherapeutics.com
For further information, please contact:
Polish Media and Investor relations:
Point of View
+48 601 155 582
International Investor Relations:
Guillaume van Renterghem
+41 (0)76 735 01 31