(ref. no. 2020.02.0001)
An Analytical Chemist at Captor provides technical and analytical support for chemistry facilities performing research and development. The Lab is on the state of the art of technology with state-of-the-art instrumentation.
- Perform analytical method development, validation and quantitation of small molecules using UPLC / MS,
- Assist in developing qualitative methods for routine UPLC / MS usage by chemistry team,
- Analyze and interpret small molecule NMRs,
- Maintain laboratory equipment and confidently troubleshoot analytical instrumentation,
- Review and evaluate data, write reports and robust protocols for smooth operation of laboratory facilities,
- Keep and maintain a meticulous laboratory notebook with transparent scientific reasoning,
- Assist in the creation of well-written, accurate, and timely reports to company management,
- Solves complex analytical problems as well as recommend/implement continuous laboratory improvements,
- Recognize errors, identify root causes, and recommend process improvements,
- With minimal supervision, safely and effectively develop, establish, and validate analytical testing methodologies used to control raw materials, production intermediates, and final products,
- Provide timely analytical services using techniques such as LC-MS, HPLC, GC, NMR,
- Operate analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, GC/MS, FTIR, NMR,
- Set up new or existing analytical methods for compound identification, purity and potency testing,
- Coordinate off-site testing as necessary,
- Conduct testing of analytical samples for the Chemistry Department as necessary,
- Qualify reference materials.
Education: BS or MS in Chemistry with 3-5 years industrial experience preferred.
- Operational knowledge of analytical instrumentation like HPLC, GC, GC-MS, FTIR, UV-VIS, NMR equipment, and data stations required,
- Ability to interpret small molecule NMR data,
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including word processing, spreadsheets, structural drawings, and databases preferably in a Windows environment,
- The ability to solve extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables,
- Ability to work in a highly independent and self-directed work environment,
- Excellent communication skills.
Candidates are asked to send their applications (CV and a motivation letter).
We retain the right to contact only selected candidates.