Principal Scientist Drug Discovery Innovation
(ref. no. 2019.08.0001)
Main roles encompass planning, executing and troubleshooting of hit identification, hit-to-lead and lead optimization campaigns. Proficiency in protein chemistry and biophysics is a must as well as expert working knowledge of SPR and other biophysical techniques, e.g. protein NMR, TSA, BLI or FRET. In this role you will work closely to CSO and other principle scientists in the company structure.
- Design, optimization and troubleshooting of the components of drug discovery platform towards identification of small molecule protein degraders,
- Design screening strategies using fragment libraries and HTS,
- Deconvolution of HTS and FBS data, designing counter- and orthogonal assays for hit confirmation,
- Establishing of DMTA cycles and screening cascades,
- Implementation of innovative technologies,
- Expert support and training junior personnel in SPR,
- Short- and long-term planning, executing and retrospective analysis of the results,
- Orchestrating a biophysics group, active participation in the meetings of the discovery and new technologies group, support of FBDD by X-ray crystallography.
- Full-time employment in a quickly growing biotechnological enterprise,
- Stock option plan,
- Private healthcare plan,
- Subsidy to sport activity package,
- External and internal trainings in hard and soft skills as well as participation in conferences.
- PhD in biology, chemistry, physics or related,
- Minimum of 5 years of post-PhD laboratory experience with a minimum of 3 years in pharmaceutical industry (discovery companies, non-CRO) in the field of small molecules,
- Technical knack is considered as a great asset,
- Fluent in English (in writing and speaking),
- Analytical thinking, literature & patent search skills,
- Prior experience of people management,
- Exceptional planning, executing and troubleshooting skills,
- Ability to teamwork, highly-developed communication skills.